Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is Coming


So Christmas is only like 6 days away... i know this seem so weird to me. It seems like we were just celebrating New Years and now here we are again celebrating Christmas. We have been running nonstop trying to get ready for Christmas. The kids are out of school as of today for the rest of the year. Chance was supposed to go to his dad's today but because of the storm we set up a time for him to go tomorrow. Anyway I wanted to upload a picture of the infamous "Charlie Brown Tree" the one that looked so much better on the mountain than it does in the house. I think there are more lights then there are branches or even pine needles for that matter. But we are still proud of it and the kids think it is great so that is what matters. Tonight we went to the ward Christmas party, it was quite the outting. We had dinner / dessert, a small musical program and then watched a short movie clip about the birth of Christ. You can tell that Christmas is coming because the kids are getting more and more excited about it. Chance is counting down the days and Peyton is going around singing "Here Comes Santa Clause". I even have a little excitement stirring in me. I love watching the kids on Christmas day. Most of all I love seeing friends and family. We went to a Christmas party for Justin's family. We had a great time spending time with his extended family. The kids got to tell Santa what they wanted expect for Peyton she was so petrified that she wouldn't even go close to him. Chance and Cheyenne felt they were a little too old to sit on his lap but after a little coaxing they finally gave in. However i think this will be the last year that they will do that. After seeing Santa tonight i know Peyton won't sit on his lap.. She is still scared out of her mind. I guess it is a good thing that she doesn't have to see him on Christmas Eve to deliver all the presents. haha Hope EVERY ONE HAS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Ha-ha, Peyton has the right idea... I don't take too kindly to sitting on an overweight man dressed in a costume either! (o=
The Charlie Brown tree looks fab, we hope you guys have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!

XOXOXOX

Holly said...

So Cute! I can't believe how grown up Chance is!! I love your Charlie Brown tree!! They are the best!! Have such a Wonderful Christmas!! Love you guys!


My Cute Kids!!!