At the first of May I had the opportunity to go to South Carolina and witness one of my bestest friends Baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Marybeth and I met through work and when she came out to Utah 3 years ago she started asking me questions about the church... she visited Temple Square in SLC and investigated the church for 3 years.... in April she had the opportunity to hear the Gospel through the wonderful missionaries in her area... after the 2nd descussion she committed to baptism. I was soo excited when she called to tell me that she had set the date for the 1st of May. I wanted more than anything to be able to be there for her... but I knew we just couldn't afford it. I received a phone call from MaryBeth telling me that one of her co-workers wanted to give me his sky miles to fly me out there.... I have never been more touched in all my life... There really are nice people in the world aren't there? Justin and I talked about it and decided I would go... he was going to see if he could get off work and we would just make it all work if he could go with me. His work wasn't very cooperative and they wouldn't give him the time off so he stayed home with the kids. I flew out on the redeye... which ment I flew out at 11:45 pm and got to SC by 11:00 am the next day... yes it was a long flight but totally worth it.
When I saw MaryBeth, we both started to cry... I was so excited for my friend and her husband because of the decisions they had made... yes her husband was baptized too... How awesome is that! To see the transformation of these two individuals and the light of Christ truly inside them made me take a deeper look into my life and my testimony of the Gospel. I had the opportunity to bare my testimony while they were getting dressed (they were both mad that they didn't get the chance to hear it).... it was such an amazing experience, I will never forget it! I had such a great time being with them! I look forward to going out in a year to be with them as they are sealed in the Temple as an eternal family! I am very blessed to have such amazing friends in my life who lift me up in so many ways!
MaryBeth, Charlie and the 2 Elders who baptized them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Cute Kids!!!
















1 comment:
How neat and very special, you're a good friend.
Post a Comment