Monday, June 27, 2011

Where to start!

Ok... So I thought I would give an update since it has been over a year!  OMGosh has it really been that long since I blogged!  Wow.  So since the last time I blogged so many things have taken place.  In November 2010 Justin made the decision to go into business for himself (with my help of course).  We purchased (or are in the process of purchasing) a Snap On Franchise.  This was a huge leap of faith but one that was worth taking.  There was quite a number of things that had to happen before we were "offered" the route.  Justin had to take 3 ride a longs with existing franchisees to see how the business worked... then we had to meet with the regional manager and confirm we were still interested in the route, then the application process was quite a lengthy process... We had to show we were financially stable and mentally sound... hehe... But in the end they made the offer and we took it.  Justin and I flew to Portland to sign papers... and then spend the rest of the day touring Portland.... not one of my favorite places to visit but it was worth the trip.  The truck showed up on Nov 8th and Justin started selling product on the 20th of November.  Since then he has become a different person (for the good I might add).  He has stepped out of his comfort zone and become quite the salesman.  His Route includes the SLC international air port, General aviation and other shops throughout Murry and SLC.  He loves his job and the kids love to help... when Stock orders come they dig in and help him put the inventory on the truck and label it. It has defiantly become a family business... I pay the bills and Justin sells the product... the kids pack the boxes... we love what we do!
Here is a pic of the truck sitting at a hotel in Layton... waiting to be delivered to our house the next day... 
Here is the truck Personalized... with the help of our dear sweet friend Nichole... She made the vinyl letters to go on the truck...  Part of me felt bad for our neighbors but it is totally worth having this in our drive way.



In December we found out that life can change in the blink of an eye.  My brother and his wife received a phone call that they were going to be parents... They had started the adoption process through LDS family services, and with in a week of being approved they had a baby waiting for them in Pocatello.  JD was born on Dec 16th and came home with Dallas and Jaci on the 17th.  His adoption was finalized in Jan and was sealed to them in the Temple on Jan 15th.  He truly was a miracle sent from our Heavenly Father....  he is now 6 months hold and is the most adorable baby,  Congrats Dallas and Jaci... we love you!
Here is a pic of the cute family as they came out of the Logan Temple... :) 

Peyton decided she wanted to take Dance... so I signed her up at Rythmn Works Dance Studio in Syracuse.  She had her first dance recital ever on June 14th and did such an a amazing job.  I couldn't be more proud of my little dancer.  Since then Kelcee had decided that she wants to take Dance at the same studio so I signed her up (with the permission of her mother)... They both start in Sept. 

Here she is all dressed up and ready to shine!  I love you Peyton!

Life is always full of ups and downs and we have managed to take the good with the bad.  Chance is now a Teacher in the Aronic Priesthood and has just returned from his first Trek trip.  He left on Thursday the 16th of June and returned home on the 18th of June.  He had an amazing time and wants to go again... Pictures to come... after I have the disposable camera he took with him developed.  I was so proud of him and his decision to go. 

Kelcee has been involved with Ball Room Dancing at her Elementary School in Kaysville.  She had a few competitions through out the year and at one Creekside Elementary won the Spirit Award.  It was quite exciting to see her dance... she really is good at it too.    I look forward to watching her dance both Ball Room and at Rythmn Works this year! 

On June 18th Justin and I celebrated our 7th year Anniversary!  Has it really been 7 years??  How time flies when you are having fun!  I am so grateful to have Justin in my life... He has completed my family and now I have him for eternity! He truly is my best friend and I love him more and more every day!  

I am hoping I can keep up on this Blog thing from now on!  I'll do my best! 



2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Yay!! Posts!! It's so good to hear how you guys are doing.

Who is that lil' dancer? It can't possibly be Peyton!?! (o: Such a big girl.

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 years already. Amazing.

Loves!

D'Neill said...

Great to read your post! Welcome back to the blogging world :)


My Cute Kids!!!