Monday, June 7, 2010

Eternity bound

We have had such an amazing couple of months. Things have really turned around in our lives. Yesterday Justin was ordained an Elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. He had initially asked his Grandpa Smith to ordain him however Grandpa got sick and was unable to make it, Justin called my dad and asked him if he would do the honors. I think my dad got a little teary eyed knowing he would be the one to bestow the Melchizedek Priesthood on Justin. We had so many friends and family show up to show support of this occasion. I couldn't ask for a better ward or family members who are such examples to us. Justin even shaved his mustache and goatee for the day... yes he is clean shaven and I think he looks AMAZING!!! Wow who knew he would look that HOT without facial hair.
On the 18th of June, Justin and I will have been married for 6 years. So this year to celebrate we are taking our family to the Logan Temple to be sealed for Eternity! I have been so blessed in my life to have such an amazing Husband who was willing to learn and to grow in the Gospel. He truly is an amazing person! (I don't just say that cuz he is mine)....But he is truly great. When we started taking the Temple prep classes I never dreamed it would come this soon. I thought we would be somewhere closer to a year later or maybe even 6 months later but it has all worked out and has been such a blessing to me. Life is great and we have so many wonderful people in our lives who make it that much better. We are blessed with great friends and family who support us through it all!

6 comments:

D'Neill said...

I know I've already said this, but...I can't tell you how excited we are for you!!!

B Flat Major said...

We're so glad we're invited to be there with you on your special day. Less than two weeks - it's coming soon!!!

Joe and Nicole said...

Yippy you guys did it!! I am happy your dreams are coming true!!!

The Jensens said...

That is so AWESOME!! Soo excited for you guys. Knowing that you are together forever is a wonderful feeling. Best of luck!

Holly said...

I am so beyond excited for your family!! Your family is one of the best I know!!

Ruby said...

Congrats on your upcoming day! I remember the day my husband and I were sealed in the temple, truly a magnificant day...and yours will be too! So happy for you!!!!


My Cute Kids!!!