This year for Thanksgiving, I hosted dinner at my house. Those in attendance were Ray & Audrey Smith (the in-laws), Wayne and Gaylene Keetch (My parents), Darlene Sorensen (Grandma in-law), Curtis and Nikki, Kenzi, Morgan and Sidney (Brother and Sister-in Law and nieces) as well as Justin, myself and Peyton. I started the Turkey at 9:30, and then put the ham in at 1:30. We were supposed to eat at 4:00. Curtis and Nikki drove in from Nucla Colorado and arrived here at 12:00. We all were excited to see them. Peyton was especially excited to see Kenzie. Those two have quite the connection and they love spending time with each other. All Peyton talked about for like 2 weeks straight is how she was going to go swimming with Kenzie and how she wanted to have a sleep over with her...Even though they didn't get a sleep over they enjoyed the time they had with each other. The twins are growing up so fast. It is hard to beleive that they are 16 months old. Seems like just yesterday they were newborns. Anyway the girls all are so cute and fun to be around.
Dinner went great. Turkey and Ham were delicious as well as the stuffing, potatoes and all the salads. Everyone pitched it to help cook and to clean up. It was just an awesome day. Mom and dad left around 6:30 to head back to Logan as they had to be to the Temple at 5:30 to work. Curtis, Nikki, and thier girls were staying at the La Quita Inn (mostly for the pool)... So we all went and took the kids swimming. Petyon and Kenzie Loved it. Morgan and Sidney enjoyed it too. We swam for over an hour and then headed home. Peyton bearly made it home, she fell asleep on the couch right after we got home.
Nikki talked me into going Black Friday Shopping with her... so I was up at 4:00 am. We met up at 4:30 and went to Toys-R-Us first and then hit Target. We go nearly everything we were looking for and were home by 6:30 before Justin had to go to work. I've never realy ever gone shopping on Black Friday so it was an experiance to say the least. We had a great time and I hate to say it but I actually had fun and may do it again.
After getting a few hours of sleep, Curtis and Nikki and the girls came back to the house to hang out. Dallas and Jaci (brother and sister-in-law), joined us and just hung out. It was just nice to enjoy each other's company. Curtis and Dallas actually offered to go to Salt Lake to pick up Chance for me so I could spend time with the ladies. I have some of the best sister -in-laws anyone could ask for. We spent the evening back over at the hotel swimming... This time we had Chance and Kelcee join us. Kelcee was only with us for a few hours but it was totally worth it. I love spending time with each one of them
.
















No comments:
Post a Comment