After church yesterday we were on our way home (mind you we live 2 blocks from the church)... when Peyton breaks out into song. She starts singing "Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet... don't go astray" then tells me to help her. So I don't sing well but I love love love to sing Primary songs with Peyton. It amazes me how fast she learns the songs and is so enthusiastic about singing them. Which brings me to my next thought... as I was sitting in singing / sharing time in Primary I thought to myself how sad it is the the senior primary doesn't like to sing. I look around the room and there are only a handful of kids even singing... the oldest kids on occasion will sing a song here and there but for the most part it is the younger ones that sing. I love hearing Primary songs as it has always helped me feel the Spirit. It just makes me sad that the older the kids get the less they like to sing... it is as if they think they are too old to sing. I encourage all my kids in my class to participate but yet to no avail... they still would rather play with paper... pencils or anything other than sing. Makes me sad... :( Those that sing each and every week bring a smile to my face... (Thank you Cassidy Toone for all you do). Truly I do feel the My Saviors Love with each and every song. I only wish we could just once have everyone in the Primary sing as enthusiastic as Cassidy does....
Peyton continued her singing through out the night... it has been such a joy having her in Primary. She loves her teachers and now looks foward to going to Primary each and every week.... as for me, I love to go to Singing time and feel the Spirit there....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Cute Kids!!!
















1 comment:
You should hear Colton sing in primary... not hard since he is about the only older boy singing! :)
Post a Comment