Here is a recap of my weekend.... Saturday we had our Quarterly Primary Activity at the church and being a teacher I took Peyton and Kelcee and enjoyed the morning with them. We also took Tess (our neighbor friend) and Kaylee (another neighbor friend). We had a great time learning about how to prepare to go to the Temple. Which is fun for me to experience with my kids as we are all preparing to go through the Temple. After the activity, I headed home to work on a small project for my sweet neighbors the Toones. I have a wonderful friend Nichole who cut out some special saying in Vinyl and we put them on tiles. I loved putting these together as they meant so much to me, and I couldn't wait to give them to the family.After working on the tiles it was time to take Kelcee home to her mom's. Peyton was so sad when she left. Peyton has been going through a lot of Missing Emotions and I only wish I knew how to help her know it is OK to "miss" someone. Kelcee was sad too cuz she didn't get a chance to see her dad as he was at work. Saturday night Justin and I went with 2 other couples (Rick and Murranda, Ryan and MiKell) some of our really great friends out on a date. We dined at Wingers in Kaysville and then went to the Kaysville Theater to watch The BlindSide.... OMGosh I loved this movie. Mind you it has been almost 4 years since Justin and I have seen a movie together. Yea we had a great time. Chance was my babysitter for Peyton... we returned home to a house meaning that he didn't burn down the house and everything was still in great shape. She was bathed and ready for bed.. What a great babysitter! I loved getting out with my husband and friends... Thanks guys and we really need to do that more often.
Sunday came and it was time to go to church... I remembered that Peyton was supposed to give the Scripture in opening exercises ... crap I thought I don't have one yet... lucky for me I found one using the LDS.org website... however when it came time for her to give the scripture... she just buried her head in my shoulder and I ended up reading the scripture for her... she had a little bit of stage fright. But what 3 year old do you know that would be able to stand before a bunch of kids and recite what her mom whispers in her ear.... it was cute. Justin and I also started the Temple Prep classes, I am so excited about this. Life is so good right now.
After church we went to grab something for dinner.... since we didn't have any food in the house we went out to Subway.... then made a quick stop at the Mall to check on some goggles for upcoming 4 wheeling trips. When walking out of the Mall... Peyton ran up to one of the doors that was opening and threw her arms around Kelcee.. She was there with her mom getting her new Easter dress and was walking out at the same time we were... WOW talk about coincidence. Peyton was so excited to see Kelcee and Kelcee was excited to see her dad. Since she hadn't gotten the chance the day before. We gave our hugs and kisses and then went to leave... I picked up Peyton and she kept reaching for Kelcee and saying "Kelcee, Kelcee"... she even started to cry as she saw Kelcee walk away! How sad was that. I wish we had Kelcee more and had the opportunity to enjoy her and spend more time with her. If only it was that easy huh? We had an amazing weekend.... we are truly blessed in every way possible.

1 comment:
Wow, those plaques are precious. That's a very comforting statement.
And talk about coincidence running into Kelcee at the mall...funny!
Post a Comment